Saturday, November 05, 2005

Moon Taxi - Moonwalk

(Yes, I know I said I'd post lots of things. I haven't. I'm not very sorry because I am busy. I promise, or is it, I threaten, I will have my think-piece on UK chart pop, with specific reference to the differing paths of various writing and production groups up at some point).

ANYWAY. Rather than mothball while I'm busy, I share. I'm not sure where this comes from, but I know it's done fairly well in Estonia and Latvia and Russia, so could be from any of those. And very great this is. Oh sure, the elements when boiled down to their components are so cliched as to make me feel a little embarrassed for liking and posting, but when put together, oh, it's quite good.

For a start, it's not happy, which you'd expect. Like the t.A.T.u. song "Cosmos"/"Kosmos", the space theme is kind of bleak, and if you don't get the hint from the vaguely searching (if not spacy) vocals, you'll get it when you get some shuddery sampled guitar underneath the verse. But oh, that's not why you listen. You listen for the tinkly piano, the Benny Bennassi-lite squelch/fart bass, the backing vocals in the break in the middle, the radio transmissions, and oh the general air of loneliness that can only be fully expressed with a preposterous (over)extended metaphor.

Reminds me a bit of a less manic version of Cascade's "I Need A Miracle", but also, there's another moderately big dance Eurohit from the last two years the chorus melody is very reminiscent of. Anyone who points out what it is will get.. my eternal love!

[MP3]
(and yes, sorry, posts will be at a trickle until December)

1 Comments:

At 1:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually this is remix of Laura - Moonwalk
9th song > http://www.esctoday.com/annual/2005/final/26

 

Post a Comment

<< Home